1. Which Javelin Thrower sent the spear past the 90m line in Offenburg on April 24, 2021 and took the World lead for 2021 from Neeraj Chopra (88.07m)?
Answer: World No. 2 ranked Johannes Vetter (Germany) threw the javelin to 91.50m in the Speerwurf Meeting in Offenburg. It was the first 90-plus throw in the Olympic year.
2. What did Fred Kerley (USA) recently do to emulate Wayde van Niekerk (South Africa) and Michael Norman (USA)?
Answer: Fred Kerley became the third man after Wayde van Niekerk and Michael Norman to have broken the 10-second barrier for 100m and 44-second barrier for 400m by clocking 9.91 seconds in Miami on April 24, 2021.
3. Which is the latest group of athletes which was asked to register for AFI-Unique Identification?
Answer: The Masters Athletes were the latest group of athletes who were asked to register for AFI-UID after a decision was made by AFI to take over the running of Masters Athletics in the country.
4. Why was sprinter Blake Leeper (USA) in the news recently?
Answer: World Athletics rejected Blake Leeper’s application to allow him to compete in its events with two prosthetic legs.
5. Why did India miss the World Athletics Relays in Poland?
Answer: The Indian squad was left stranded at home after KLM (Royal Dutch Airlines), acting on the Netherlands’ government orders, declined to fly the team from Mumbai to Amsterdam and onwards to Poland.